Wolf of the Week: Leah Robinson

Freshman cross country runner breaks record at a meet during her second race.
Robinson running at the Norris Invitational meet on Saturday, Aug. 26.
Photo by Kristin Polking

Last Thursday, Sep. 7 at the Charlie Thorell Invitational cross country meet, the Wolves placed 1st overall. One runner on the team stood out by breaking the Elkhorn North meet record with a time of 19 minutes and 10 seconds. 

“You can see how determined she is and how motivated she is to do good,” sophomore Jenna Polking said. “She pushes herself to the limit the best she can.”

Robinson’s performance at the meet was not a simple feat. It took a lot of work for her to break the Elkhorn North meet record.

“We challenged her in the workouts bringing her along slowly, but now I think she feels comfortable with it,” Head Coach Jordan Fuglestad said. “And now that she feels comfortable with it, she’s able to push herself even further, and I think that’s why we got down to that 19:10 the other day.”

Robinson has a work ethic and attitude that helps the team to stay motivated. 

“She’s always working hard every day, so humble all the time, she is just such a hard worker and deserves every bit of it,” Junior Ella Ford said.

Robinson has focused on running and building relationships with teammates throughout the season. 

“She’s really bought into our team. I think that’s helped her achieve what she has so far, and I’m really excited to see what she does the rest of the year,” Fuglestad said.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Howler
$105
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Elkhorn North High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.