Wolf of the Week: Reese Pearson

Sophomore Reese Pearson breaks school record at state.
Reese Pearson catching behind home plate. Reese Pearson has a sister, Reagan, who is also on varsity softball.
Photo by Abby Leatherman

At the state softball tournament on Oct. 11-14, the softball team made it to the semifinals for the first time in school history with sophomore Reese Pearson. 

Pearson is both a catcher and on the batting lineup for the varsity softball team. She hit a home run at every game during the state tournament and a grand slam during the last game. She then set the school record for home runs in a single season.

“She’s a very good hitter, probably one of the best on the team,” teammate and sister senior Reagan Pearson said. “She also has a very good arm and she’s gotten a lot of people out this year.”

This season, Reese Pearson had 50 hits, 60 Runs Batted In, and 15 home runs.

“She showed she’s one of the best hitters in the state,” softball coach Ashley Speak said. “Being a sophomore, I think that that’s really hard to come by, but she’s done a good job of improving all season, and she showed it off at state.” 

In her role as catcher, Reese Pearson acts as a role model for many of her teammates.

“She’s a leader on the field and she always knows what’s going on,” teammate sophomore Kelsey Daubert said. “She’s always ready for anything.”

In addition to her success on the field, her coachability also makes her stand out.

“She’s just a great kid,” Speak said. “She’s a great teammate. She’s easy to coach. When you look for kids in programs, she’s the one that you would want to duplicate.”  

The team has seen Reese Pearson improve in her two short years as a wolf.

“She came starting varsity as a freshman which is a lot of pressure,” Reagan Pearson said. “I’m proud of her.”